Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • The 100% Best Way To Stop Buyer Returns

General Discussion Created 3 years ago | Updated 3 years ago
  • SU
    Stephen U B
    Before I joined Konga, I did Pay on Delivery Service and how did I achieve it? I requested the Buyer to Pay for shipping before the item was sent.  When I see the shipping charge has reflected on my account  , I then proceeed to ship the item with my Courier. My courier partner calls the buyer to come pick it up once it arrives and the buyers pays for the product at the point of collection.  At that time, shipping was around 500 naira to 2000 naira.  Serious Buyers  who really wanted the product were glad to pay the shipping charge. 

Dealdey.com is currently accepting only prepaid orders and they are still waxing strong.

Konga,com has to take the bull by the horns and effect this change.  For example, If a buyer cant pay shipping charge of N500 - N1500 upfront for an item of N40,000 , then the buyer is not just serious.

As Simple as that.
Discussion has been closed

Comments

• tF
    teju F Konga Moderator
    Posted 3 years ago
    Hello Olanrewaju,

You can offer Free Shipping on preferred states. However, when  you offer free shipping across all states in Nigeria, a free shipping badge will be made available to you from your SellerHQ dashboard. Once you enable the free shipping button, when buyers search for products with free shipping, your store and products will be visible to buyers.

Currently, you only have the option of offering POD to your buyers. However, Konga has started and will continue to verify orders up to N45,000 automatically. Customers are contacted and are asked to pre-pay to show commitment for orders above N100,000. Buyers that purchase products of these cost volume have up to 48 hours to make payment for such orders or order will be cancelled. You will only receive these orders in SellerHQ after we have verified them.

Hope this clarifies things
  • OB
    Olanrewaju B S
    Posted 3 years ago
    We should be given a flexible option on free shipping and pay on delivery, where we can decide which product goes on free shipping or allow POD. I don't know if this already exists
  • AA
    Ailen A B
    Posted 3 years ago
    There is no 100% Best Way To Stop Buyer Returns. That is just the bitter truth but you can reduce it drastically by getting a verbal confirmation from the buyer and addressing any delivery issue he or she might raise including explaining to the buyer that there might be some slight delay by kexpress and this you have no control over. But  they can track the deliver progress by putting their order number on http://track.konga.com/ and you will also help track from your end. If they have any issues they should call you at any time and you will be sure ready to assist. Also remind them when they receive their goods and are satisfied they should remember to give you a good rating to help boost your sale and visibility on konga.

Just start with "Good morning afternoon or evening as the case may be and introduce yourself as the merchant fulfilling their order on konga. We are just calling to get a verbal confirmation from you before we ship your XYZ item......

This courteous customer service strategy has really helped to reduce our return rate. 

With this, the buyer will pour out his or her heart and you can then address whatever concern they might have.

I hope this helps you. May the sales be with you. Happy selling.  

• OL
    Oluwatosin L S
    Posted 3 years ago
    The solution is quite simple. Give me a choice as to whether i want to offer POD or Prepay. If I choose to only offer Prepay, those who will buy from my store will and those who won't, will not. If I choose Prepay for some locations and POD for some, the same thing. At least, I know that processing an order and spending money to deliver is not in vain. That is why i have a return policy on my store. Otherwise, I really do not need a return policy. The current zero risk to buyers being advertised is an anomaly to ecommerce. What must be emphasised is that every merchant must have a good returns policy and must honour that returns policy. That is what ecommerce is all about.
  • OO
    Oludotun O B
    Posted 3 years ago
    If we say buyers should pay ahead, what happens to sellers that sell defective products to buyers. Such have happened to me before. I bought a watch and found out that the adjuster was not working well enough. So, this is majorly a two sided problem. If the buyer is paying ahead, there should be a guarantee for him that they are getting a right product. What also happens if I am a buyer and I pay and my order is being delayed like forever. There was a time i ordered for a phone. I payed part from my wallet but after two weeks  had not received the phone.

In conclusion, before we sellers harmer on Pay before delivery, let's try and put ourselves in same conditions as a buyer.

I am a seller and a buyer too.
  • Tersoo A S
    Posted 3 years ago
    Most "non-serious" buyers are 95% of the time 1st time buyers!

My suggestion is as follows:
    Konga needs to start off 1st all by putting a ceiling or cap on the worth of a 1st order. By this I mean, a first time buyer on the platform should not be allowed to order any item worth more than N2500 using PoD. If he/she must, they should pay the balance upfront and the N5,000 on delivery so that way we are assured some level of commitment to the purchase(If they must order an item or items worth say N6000, pay N3500 in advance while the N2500 will be demanded on delivery).

Now, the catch here is this, for every complete purchase you make, the cap/ceiling on your account is raised (sort of like earning loyalty points) so maybe after 2 successful orders at N5,000 cap, you earn a N7500 cap on on your account and it goes on like that till you can earn the right to order goods worth N100,000 via PoD but sellers will have more confidence because of your purchase record.

I am very convinced we will root out non-serious buyers.

I am still thinking of a way to tackle buyers who don't know specifications such as shoe size, color, what they are buying(It's funny but my friend sold a portable AC unit to a buyer in Aba who thought he was buying an mp3 player) etc. I will communicate as soon as I have an idea!

• TM
    Top Gamers M B
    Posted 3 years ago
    @Stephen i really would like to get to know you. I think i can learn a few things from you. 
  • TM
    Top Gamers M B
    Posted 3 years ago
    You guys are the BOMB. This is just topic to stumble upon on a Monday morning. I really buy this idea. 
  • BB
    Blessed B S
    Posted 3 years ago
    very simple and plain truth, even on freeshipped product a policy should be put in place by Konga on an upfront payment of atleast 5% and POD for the balance, this will discourage unserious buyers
  • SU
    Stephen U B
    Posted 3 years ago
    @Kunle,

Of Course, Pay On Delivery still stands but as I explained therein, customers should be made to pay the shipping charge.  Nigerians have been spoilt with Pay on Delivery option.  Paying for shipping upfront via Konga is very okay.   Let that option be available for Sellers and I bet you more than 90%  Sellers on Konga will implement that option on their stores.  
    If a buyer cant pay 500 naira Lagos shipping upfront, then that buyer is just not serious, so no need wasting time.

WE WANT THAT OPTION ON KONGA.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!