Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • Pictures of 3 angles of a baby dress?

General Discussion Created 6 months ago | Updated 4 months ago
  • OO
    Oge O B
     Dear Konga,

How do I get 3 angles of a baby clothe? 

All the products I listed on konga were rejected and the pictures were not even bad at all.  I have seen really bad pictures on konga, why were they not rejected or is this just done to me? see screenshot below and tell me where there is poor lightening on the pics.

How do I get 3 angles from a tiny baby's clothe?

Honestly I am tired. A friend of mine said "konga frustrated her out of selling online". I am almost at that point where I will just pack up and go.

After staying up all night to do this, you still want me to pay to get professional pictures of 3 angles even with 13.5% commission.

Comments

• DA
    Dorcas A B
    Posted 4 months ago
    I hope Konga listen to this cos i can buy an item and have to pay more money for photo shot.
    Taking an item to konga for shipping  not minding if customer will reject it or dispatch rider with false update actually cost me 400 naira and for me to get 3 angle picture #250, how do merchant now make profit adding all this to commission konga is going to take.
    This is really for frustrating i must confess.
    Online business should not be this stressful.

• oA
    olabisi A B
    Posted 5 months ago
    it is an inexperience that is fighting konga hope they hear on time before they spoil investment for someone. since i joined konga is from one issues to the others. The only one thing that is keeping me on konga platform is the kos center that is very near to me otherwise i would be long gone. I cant recommend konga platform to friends and family to sell unless they want to have hypertension...
  • DA
    Dorcas A B
    Posted 5 months ago
    All this ladies actually spoke my mind.
    Selling on Konga has always been frustrating. 
    Konga should also note that we the sellers on their platform buy our stuff from somewhere too and not all manufacturer provides 3 angle of pictures on their site.
    I saw a picture of a girl dress that was perhaps sold by a merchant, most of those item are China made and we all know that when people buy from China that is what you get, they put a good picture for you to buy and you get a ridiculous item when you see the item. I buy all my item from the USA and all this item are not cheap compare to item source from China. We have all the people that source from China to compete with, and we have to reduce our item price to bare minimum and having to insure more cost is frustrating, it's just like we are working for konga because at the end of everything there is no profit. 
    Asking for 3 angle of item doesn't change anything cos it is still the same good picture that people sourcing their item from China will still put up with different angles. 
    The commission we pay on this platform is too much and konga themselves are the one pushing merchant to buy item that are too cheap cos the seller also want to make profit. For any item that has been sent out and came back due to unseriousness of buyer I lost so much money. All the pictures I put up on konga is a perfect one for the item. 
    This idea of 3 angle of pictures is really frustrating, imagine just having 2 item to sell and I have to spend money to take 3 angle of an item. For some item I hardly make a profit from it due to the high rate in dollar and Kong a still want us to pay for pictures and all that.  I hope they listen and do something about all this. 
    When a product is a counterfeit, 3 angle pictures doesn't make it less a counterfeit.
  • tF
    teju F Konga Moderator
    Posted 5 months ago
    Hello Olabisi,

All previously shared requirements will still apply within the fashion category.

Thank you.
  • oA
    olabisi A B
    Posted 6 months ago
    What is your stand on this konga? Is it still the same? Sales is coming to an end and many items needs to be updated and some has only one picture which are currently selling well on the platform without issues. If updated, is the same fate await them?  'REJECTED' as few of my product has been when updated. Let us know as not to waste much time updating will have to pause them straight away and maybe carry them to other platform to sell...........--.
  • OB
    Omolara B S
    Posted 6 months ago
    The 3 angle picture policy as a control measure cannot stop a seller who has an intent to misrepresent items with phony images or from selling substandard items. All the seller need to do is upload 3 angles of the picture from the internet and still send the substandard product.

Konga needs the right approach to discourage sellers with negative intents on the platform not make enlisting products a tedious affair for others.
  • oA
    olabisi A B
    Posted 6 months ago
    Ah... Omolara that was brilliant you spoken my mind, i dont just have the strenght to say it the way you have taken your time to say it. 

Thank you hope they will hear ooooo. I dont want to fight with konga again because every of their decision does not always go well with me.

Konga you should realize that some of your sellers are not only selling online locally but also on international online platform oo.

Thank you Omalara again
  • OB
    Omolara B S
    Posted 6 months ago
    Olabisi, Oge and sellers of fashion items have similar concerns especially when they over 200 different items listed on Konga mall.

If a seller is listing between 1-20 different items on konga mall, one may not consider it to be an herculean task to comply with the 3 angle picture policy. But when a customer has 100- 500+ of different items to upload? then it becomes an herculean task. 

I don't think the Konga team understands the amount of man hours that goes into getting an image and listing the product. Most of us stay up late into the night to list our products because that's the only time we can get some quiet and concentrate on the task at hand. Not only that, each product takes about a minimum of 8 minutes to enlist. You need a minimum of 800 minutes (+/-13 hours) to enlist 100 products. 

Please Konga needs to stop making reactive policies that makes it harder for genuine business owners to do business on their platform. When we are looking forward to the future where we can begin to do bulk upload and enlisting of products. Or don't you guys think it will gladen our hearts when Konga will launch a feature on their site that enables us to upload and enlist 10 or more products at once?!

But no, Konga must create bottle necks for every other seller because of some few sellers that are dishonest or victims of supplier fraud themselves. Just like the self fulfill option that was taken away from everyone until we complained kilode?  

Konga, please get to know your sellers at least those of them that have hundreds of items listed on your platform. Just little information about where they source their products from will give you a lot of insight about their products. If you doubt, observe those who sell US product for kids sell similar common  brand like Garanimals, Jumping beans, carter's etc, those who also source from UK sell similar brands the only exception is those who source from China where there are lots of generic brands. Not only that, insist that every fashion item seller has a return policy in place and give each seller a grace of 1 - 3 reported incidence of selling an item that differs from image of the enlisted product. On the 4th occurrence meth out any disciplinary action as deemed fit to the seller.

We cannot underestimate the importance of a good picture image because it provides face validity for a product. 1 good image is sufficient to sell a product, 3 images is going an extra length to sell a product which is good and should be ENCOURAGED  but not FORCED. 

Please go and check the big players like amazon and ebay of which your Konga concept was borrowed from, there's no compulsion about how many angles of an image must be uploaded. There's only making sure that whatever image is uploaded is a good image. 

Please don't chase us away into the hands of your competitors. Make life easy on your platform for genuine sellers and make life impossible for sellers with intent to defraud customers. This is the smart way to go. 

• oA
    olabisi A B
    Posted 6 months ago
    No matter what I know konga will not listen but it is good to let you know how it feel from seller angle. As I said earlier you need a mentor from international online platform. They don't bother themselves with all what you seem so important and yet they are really doing well and surviving and they keep on improving and making live easier for seller to sell on their platform.

Also remember no matter how good the pictures are the computer monitor contribute a greater percentage on how the item looks in terms of the colour so what can you do about that?.

But if you insist, there is away a wayout
  • tF
    teju F Konga Moderator
    Posted 6 months ago
    Hello Oge/Olabisi,

Do understand that good images contribute 90% to the purchasing decision of customers most especially for an eCommerce business. Good quality images matter for the survival of any online business and Konga is no exception.The quality of an item begins with its images and for an online store, the most convincing reason a customer needs to complete a transaction is through the product images and description.

While perfect photo-shopped images are not required,images uploaded are expected to be true representation of what will be delivered. We have received several feedback from buyers and have confirmed 95% accuracy of complaints related to items that were delivered being different from what what was ordered due to inadequate and poorly represented images. Stock photos are easy to identify and this is what we will like to discourage. 

While the attached image isn't bad, there are required image(s) standards that must be maintained and also, a customer is unlikely to be convinced to make a purchase considering there may be other sellers with better images selling same item(s). Hence, to remain competitive and keep the marketplace clean, your images must be neat, clear, professionally taken and very attractive. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!

People in Conversation