Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • No Sales

General Discussion Created 3 years ago | Updated 3 years ago
  • KO
    Kemi O S
    Pls what could be the reason for low sales on Konga, it has never been like this since I started, or is there something I am not doing right?

Comments

• HK
    Henri K B
    Posted 3 years ago
    @ Dupe O, I think you have a point there, there are certain information that should not be made public, but at the same time this particular information do help some sellers. Imagine a situation whereby you import a certain product, and this product is relatively unknown in the Nigerian market, lots of people in Nigeria are not willing to buy products which they are not familiar with, so, in a situation where you are able to make some sales of that product on konga and buyers who visit your store see the product and see that people have bought it previously with no complaints or negatives on your store, they will be willing to buy the product and see how it truly works.
    Konga should carry marketplace sellers along, they should give us the option of choosing what we want to work with, POS should be made a selective option and not compulsory, information about our store listed publicly should be made optional for us to choose to display such information or not.
  • DO
    Dupe O S
    Posted 3 years ago
    Konga should consider removing the number of items sold per item. The reason is because, it creates un-healthy competition.
    The moment other merchants can view the number of sales made on a product, they also post and trade the product, crash prices, make little, nothing and sometimes losses all in the name of remaining in business. 

If merchants don't have access to this information, they'll simply trade what they are best at, creating lots of varieties. 

• HK
    Henri K B
    Posted 3 years ago
    There is definitely something they can do, and they have done it by indicating the country format the shoes are listed in as UK sizes. Unfortunately the fault is from the buyers who do not open their eyes well before placing orders. And of course, they have nothing to lose. If the order turns out not to be their intended size(even though the delivered item is the size they ordered on the konga store) all they have to do is reject the item and konga loses money since they covered the delivery charges. But konga won't complain about losing money through delivery charges, after all they make much more than that from the HITS of people who visit the konga website.
    So until konga decides to start punishing buyers for buyers own carelessness, buyers will still keep on messing with sellers.
    Where is it done that it is the seller that has to contact the buyer first? It is only in Nigeria that things are always done upside down.
    I have said it before, Konga cancel POD, or only provide POD if a seller indicates that he wants to offer such payment option. Stop forcing sellers to dance to your every tune.
    Meanwhile MODs come and do the needful by deleting my comment. Because one is commenting on konga forum one is not allowed freedom of speech.
  • DA
    Dorcas A B
    Posted 3 years ago
    Is there nothing Konga can do to this? since most customer understand their sizes in europe size, is it not better to list with that size to avoid all this headache from us and customers as well.

Regards
  • HK
    Henri K B
    Posted 3 years ago
    @Ijeoma A, you are right... of recent I have been receiving orders on another marketplace I list my items on, the funny thing is when I contact the buyers to confirm the purchase, they start asking me what size is the footwear and when I give them the European equivalent of the shoe size they start telling me it is not their size, I just hang up on them, those buyers can be so annoying.
  • IA
    Ijeoma A S
    Posted 3 years ago
    I think most people are used to European Sizes... Ask an average Nigerian woman her shoe size and she says 39 0r 40. Even when some tell you sixe 8 0r 9 0r 10, they do not know if it is UK or US sizes. I sell female shoes and I face the same issues too.
  • IO
    Ifeoma O S
    Posted 3 years ago
    I think the economy of the country is bad at the moment. It's dry season for sales.
  • AA
    Adeyemi A B
    Posted 3 years ago
    Hello Kemi, 

You can improve your sales by;
    Comparing your prices with similar products sold on the website to ensure your prices are competitive.
    Referring friends and families to your store on Konga
    Sharing your products/store link on your social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
    Buying AD slots on konga. You can make inquiries by sending an email to adsales@konga.com

• HK
    Henri K B
    Posted 3 years ago
    @Dorcas A
    You are welcome.
    On a serious note, I must say that I am disappointed with some female customers. How can they say they do not know their sizes? Na today them begin buy shoe? I have even explained it in the product description that medium size is for women with slim feet while wide size is for women with large feet, and even specifically mentioned that the shoe is for women with slim feet, i. e a size medium.
    Well I think it is a very confusing thing for lots of women because for many weeks if not months now I have not had a single sale on konga. The last sale I made through konga was returned by the customer, I do not know the reason why.
  • SE
    Silas E S
    Posted 3 years ago
    @Dorcas, I think the T in the babies sizes means Toddler... so 3T means 3 year old Toddler. But I agree, the T can get confusing so it may be better to leave it out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!