Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • N200 Commitment fee/ Down payment can Cub Unserious Buyers

Selling on Konga Created 2 years ago | Updated 1 year ago
  • MW
    Miriam W B
    Hello Konga Mgt & My Fellow Sellers, 
    A particular phone number with two different names placed order for same item in my shop and both were returned as they didn't pick their calls on the delivery date. Another with different phone number but same address did same thus I believe they were out to play on Konga platform and I'm sure they would have done same to some other sellers. They did it the fourth time and it left me thinking till this crossed my mind. 
    My Suggestion:
    For Pay on delivery Orders, Konga should introduce N200 (this amount can be review up or down wards) Non Refundable commitment fee to be paid by buyers on the point of ordering. This can help discourage those that come to play as they will lose N200 for each of their games. For those that don't like you use their cards online they can put money in their wallet. The N200 will be subtract 'd from the total order amount to be paid at the point of delivery. For those that don't pick their call/switch off or tot brown bag was black they will forfeit the money. 
    I said N200 so as not to discourage the buyers, this amount will be shared between konga and the seller that shipped the item. It the seller fails to ship any order the seller will pay N200 to the buyer ie konga will debit the seller and credit the buyer. The buyers original N200 will be kept by konga for thier system usage.
    If the order is cancelled: refund should be based on the reason for cancellation example if it's I changed my mind; the buyer will forfeit they money, if it's seller cannot fulfil due to non technical reason; the seller will pay N200 to the buyer for his/her time.
    If buyer rejects the order :
    For no just cause; the buyer forfeit the N200 but if for any other dispute able reason ; the seller will pay the buyer N200

My Justification :
    If the Adaobi E that has been playing at my store had paid N200 for each of the 4 orders she did it will total N800. I am very sure that such person will not want to lose N800 just for playing, but in event that they are willing konga would have gotten N800 instead of nothing like they did. This will cover a little of the shipment cost and time wasted by the seller & KOS.

Please this is just as it came to my head it's open to amendments and suggestions but konga this will go a long way to stop all these returns and waste of sellers time. My few months old shop has recorded more than 72returns. At N300 drop off cost I have lost N21600 just within town, I can't imagine what konga lost taking these items to & fro other states in nigeria. 
    Thank you konga for the opportunity to be part of your great team
    Happy Selling Everyone!
Discussion has been closed

Comments

• tF
    teju F Konga Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago
    Hello Miriam,

This is an old thread. Kindly open a new thread to start this conversation.

Thank you.
  • MW
    Miriam W B
    Posted 1 year ago
    Good day Konga Team and my fellow sellers, 
    i want to thank konga for the pay before delivery, its a welcome development but i cant pay salary with 1 order per week. i do not know how other sellers are feeling it now but me i am not selling. 
    For sure un-serious buyers are gone and so are those not so sure of quality (this group of buyers because they do not trust the quality prefer POD). 
    Some buyers do not even know how protected their fund are when they pay before delivery because they are not aware it being kept by konga and not the seller.
    i plead that commitment fee be considered and if pay on delivery is to stay an awareness on how protected customers funds are should be created (they are meant to read it but the truth is that they wont except you create an advert with people dancing in it- lol) plus delivery speed should be increased ( i have 20th nov Paid order that is still on its way to the buyer)

• HE
    Henry E S
    Posted 2 years ago
    It's a fantastic idea. N500 commitment fee is good, if you ask me! or buyer pays shipping fee as commitment fee.
  • TB
    Tijani B S
    Posted 2 years ago
    I support this idea 101% infact konga should consider it with immediate effect. It may not out rightly cut out unserious buyers but it will reduce it to a certain level. 

This nonsense must stop. Haba :(
  • IE
    Iyere E S
    Posted 2 years ago
    Very good idea. 
    Every return I have had for the past 2 years costs us money. The packaging materials and all the time put in cannot really be quantified. 
    This idea will also give the merchants that confidence that konga is thinking about them also. 

The N200 or whatever the amount will be part of the cost of the item and will be netted off at the point of delivery. 
    A serious buyer is a serious buyer and won't mind that sort of commitment.
  • AA
    Adeola A S
    Posted 2 years ago
    Very good suggestion but N200 wont curb unserious buyers, let the delivery fee be commitment fees. Let Konga test drive this for one month, there will be no returns. They do not have anything to lose, as they already make Money from our rent every month.
  • ki
    kene i Konga Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago
    Hello Miriam,

Thank you for your suggestions. It will be directed to the appropriate party. Please don't hesitate to send in further suggestions via suggestions@konga.com. We value your input always.
  • MA
    Mosunmola A S
    Posted 2 years ago
    Konga can keep it. It will help cub unserious buyers. they are everywhere
  • OA
    OLUFOLARIN A S
    Posted 2 years ago
    Hmmmmm, lovely idea but who's gonna keep the money? the seller or konga?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!