Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • Konga needs to review the minimum commision capped at N200 per item

General Discussion Created 3 years ago | Updated 3 years ago
  • A
    Atinuke S
    With the recent changes, a N200 per item minimum commision was also introduced. I think this policy needs to be reviewed and here is why....
    A customer orders 10 items same item different variants retailing N1,100 each...total of the order N11,000. You would expect to pay commission at 12% of the total amount (N1,320) but we are paying N200 per item (N2200).  

A bundle of 3 items order total is N3000, commission paid is N360. 

I dont think it is fair to pay N2,200 in commision on an order total of N11,000 and a order total of N3000, commission of N360 is paid. What is the difference here? This is not encouraging for some of us. I understand the need to capp commision for certain orders but i think it will make sense to add a MINIMUM ORDER requirement to that clause of N200 per item as well in order to balance it out. If a customer orders 1 item only at N1,100 or N2,200 then it make sense to cap the commission at N200 per item, but for orders over a certain amount especially the same item, commission should be calculated of the total order. 
    Bundles are created based on customers needs, some bundles cannot be created with more than 2 or 3 items because of expiration dates so there will still be the need to sell single items. Please review this policy. Thanks in advance.
Discussion has been closed

Comments

• A
    Atinuke S
    Posted 3 years ago
    @ Joan - From my understanding...Konga uses the N200 per item commision if the calculated commision using the % is less than N200, so for example you sell an item at N900, if the commision for your item category is 12%, using the 12%, commision due is N108 but because it is less than N200, commision is being capped at N200. If you sell an item for N2500, at 12% since commission is greater than N200, in this case (N240), the percentage will be used to calculate the commision.

I honestly feel that there should be a minimum purchase requirement added. e.g. purchases less than N2500 or so should be capped at N200 per item. If i sell a single item priced N11,000, commission expected to pay using 12% is N1,320, but if i sell multiple items with each item priced btw N1000 - N1150 totalling N11,000, commission paid is N2,200. Why huge difference in commission?? Hopefully this is reviewed and revised.
  • JO
    Joan O B
    Posted 3 years ago
     am thinking of cancelling a recent order  because of this. I sold some  items for N800 , 1000, 1200, 1400 respectively and was already calculating using the 6% and 12% where applicable only to notice that KONGA has done the maths and deducted N200 from each item . Meaning I dt only get any profit but even made a loss.
     Does this mean that if i sell an item for 9000, KONGA will take N200. When exactly does KONGA use the minimum N200 ad when do they use the commission rates. I am confused. 
  • Ebere O B
    Posted 3 years ago
    Hello Atinuke,
    We always appreciate when sellers take time to give us feedback. 
    Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate units for review.
    For further feedback, kindly send an email to suggestions@konga.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!

People in Conversation