Posted 4 years ago
@Omolara - this is a great question, thank you!
There are probably at least 3 areas to consider here, but before I go into detail, lets put this out there to other Sellers - can anyone else tell Omolara how they go about this? (I know many of you already use social media, email, word of mouth, printed leaflets and much more)...
1. Konga works hard to make sure the buyers all over Nigeria come to browse and shop on Konga. We use our expert in-house marketing team to make sure that buyers know that if they are looking for almost any product, great prices and a trusted & secure environment, that Konga is the first and only place they think of. We can help you understand how to make these tactics work directly for you, by sharing our knowledge, training sellers and sharing data and insight.
2. Now buyers are on Konga, how do you get your products in front of the right buyers? Too much to cover in one post, but here are some thoughts to get you going:
- Putting your product in the correct category. Sound obvious, but think about how YOU as a buyer would find a product on Konga, many buyers will use the category navigation to find products, making sure your products are in the correct category is a must.
- Good product titles and product descriptions. Buyers use the 'search' bar a lot. One of the ways that this works is by looking at the product title, and the description you have written. Sellers who sell more, tend to have well written descriptions that contain relevant 'words' that buyers will be looking for, for example:
If you are selling a TV and you write "Great TV for sale , lots of buttons and a nice big screen" then that's great if buyers are searching for "TV" or "Buttons" but not so great is someone is looking for "40 inch LED TV"
- adsales@kong can help you with onsite advertising, you will some success stories on this forum from other Sellers, if the product and price are good, then sellers are seeing a big uplift in sales, but don't take my word for it, read what other sellers are saying.
3. Offsite - Getting your buyers to Konga or to your Konga Store. I guess this is really the main question you asked. Social media can be very powerful, look at what other people do, both big and small. Using Google or Yahoo 'adwords' can be very powerful, it may have a steep learning curve, but if you put the effort in you can really see some great results (again, we can help you understand how this works and some good tips and hints).
Many sellers who have actual stores use signage in their stores or give out leaflets, even those who don't have stores use their online and offline networks to spread the word.
Word of mouth - if you treat your buyers well, maintain the trust, deliver on time, make sure your products are high quality, you will be creating an advocate for your store with every order you deliver. Buyers talk, and will recommend you to their friends and colleagues.