General DiscussionCreated 3 years ago
| Updated 3 years ago
When it comes to online buying and selling, not all transactions may go smoothly.
In certain situations, several factors can come into play, preventing complete sales to occur. While some buyers will be particular about the smoothness of the package their items come in, other buyers may have a change of mind when an item is not delivered on time, when an item is claimed to be fake, has a manufacturer's defect or when a buyer receives a wrong item from what was initially ordered. When buyers complain about any of these setbacks on Konga, such orders are put into arbitration until a resolution is reached.
Arbitration on Konga refers to the status an order is placed when a dispute has been raised by a customer within the return policy window. Following such dispute issues, a team is immediately dedicated towards ensuring that a resolution is reached within a 3-days maximum window. The dispute resolution team acts as a mediator between disputing parties, in this case the buyer and the seller.
The resolution that can be reached from the dispute resolution process could be any of the listed below:
1) Return of an Item for a Full Refund
2) Return of an Item for another Item Replacement/Exchange
3) Return of an Item for Repair
4) Refund without Return
5) Compensation (with or without the return of an item)
We have also shared the steps for the dispute life cycle of an order on Konga:
NEW DISPUTE: This is a newly registered complaint from a customer regarding a delivered product.
ORDER STATUS UPDATE: Order with complaint is then placed on hold (“Arbitration”) as long as it is within the return window.
NOTIFICATION PHASE: The Seller is notified of the dispute and informed to provide resolution within 24 hours.
MEDIATION PHASE: Where a resolution is not reached between the seller and buyer within 24 hours, a Dispute Resolution Representative contacts both parties to resolve the issue within another 24 hours.
FOLLOW UP PHASE: Disputes reach this phase when the resolution requires a follow up for closure.
For more questions and information on Dispute Resolution, you may send an email to email@example.com
Posted 3 years ago
What an interesting post!!!!!
So again this platform is really to protect buyers, what about sellers?
A customer lodges a complain on an item, order is placed on arbitration and a resolution needs to be provided within 24hrs, fair enough but why cant we have a process in place like this for issues between Konga and Sellers.
Lets be realistic here - when an email is sent to Konga on important issues, turn around time given is 24-48 hrs. The expectation is so high for sellers and alot of us are hurting from this process. We need a similar process like this to help facilitate issues between Konga and sellers on our complains, we need most of our issues resolved in a timely manner
1. There is no expectation set on when returned items should be returned to sellers, why should a seller have to wait for months to receive a returned item?????
2. Issues with orders, e.g. order delayed to customers through KEXPRess, but order status still showing shipped delaying payments. There should be a time set for when payment issues should be resolved 24 -48 hrs, i was a victim of this issue and it took almost 6 weeks to get resolved, not acceptable.
3. Missing and Damaged items - i read somewhere that sellers will been given credit for the full value of missing/damaged/items not returned after 45 days - so if i ship out an item that cost 200k to a customer and it is returned but i don't get it, i will have to wait for 45 days to get my money back. This will be tying down capital, what if the seller has another buyer. Again this is not realistic. If the expectation is set for sellers to resolve issues for buyer within 24hrs, then i think it is only fair Konga resolves our issues in a a timely manner as well.
We see the effort that is been made towards reducing returns, but would also like to see some improvements in these areas too.
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!