Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • What is the point of P.O.D when running an e-commerce

Selling on Konga Created 3 years ago | Updated 3 years ago
  • KD
    Kingsley D B
    Hello guys,  i think konga and most Nigeria e-commerce should stop offering p.o.d, you can't be talking about e-commerce and still be doing business the Old war, Amazon, Walmart, BestBuy, aliexpress, eBay, Zappos,  no one of these giant retailers offers pod. so my point is instead of pod konga should persuade buyers to use their escrow service, and the 7days return period to 3days, so sellers can have their money paid on time.  and let them introduce a kind of that buyers can walk into any bank and pay for a product using the details he got after placing the order, buyers is told to pay at any bank within 48hrs(this is to eliminate any unserious buyers) bank notifies konga,  konga notifies sellers to ship. after successfully shipped and three days return period has elapsed konga takes their commission and pay to seller simple.
Discussion has been closed

Comments

• AA
    Anthony A B
    Posted 3 years ago
    I think POD should be left as an option for the seller. Ideally e-sales is all about the convenience for both buyers and sellers to trade without much contact. That is the whole point for feedback, rating and return period. It is ridiculous to have all these checks set up and still finalize business off-line, it just adds work load and off course the few silly buyers who just buy to test and when it works, skips. Imagine putting up a listing for Samsung S4 mini, the title states it, the picture looks it, you deliver and the buyer says "I thought it was S4" ??? How ridiculous is that! What a waste of time and money. Prepaid is the ideal way to go, buyer pays, seller delivers. If he is not happy, he can return within a set time and in same condition as bought, depending on the reason, he pays the return shipping fee.
  • KD
    Kingsley D B
    Posted 3 years ago
    yes @Aa konga should persuade buyers to use escrow instead of p.o.d and you know k-express is the only courier that accept p.o.d, and they only deliver in Lagos,    and I've heard enough complains about k-express, and i don't really think i may use them
  • tF
    teju F Konga Moderator
    Posted 3 years ago
    Hello Kingsley,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Very soon, you will be solely in charge of choosing when your buyers pay for your orders- Before Delivery or After Delivery. With Self-Fulfil, you can decide whether to offer prepaid services to your buyers or offer POD to buyers within your geographical location. 

Note however that offering Pay-On-Delivery as payment option usually leads to increase in sales as buyers have a sense of trust towards sellers that offer POD. It reassures them they can get to see the item they ordered for online before making payment, to be certain they are getting what they actually ordered. 
  • AA
    Ayo A S
    Posted 3 years ago
    I have the exact same sentiments. You know customers can be funny
    Image having to go through the whole logistics issue and cost of delivering heavy stuff like fridges and stuff and the buyer due to one reason or the other can't follow through on the purchase when the product is right on their door step. It hasn't happened to me yet but I always dread it cos moving stuff around is not cheap if you don't own Konga express that is....lolz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!

People in Conversation