Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • Unfair Suspension with 84% Delivery Rate till date

Selling on Konga Created 2 years ago | Updated 2 years ago
  • AB
    Adebowale B S
    Hello people,

We are corporate body and one of the first set of merchants on Konga platform with turnover of over N8.5m within the one and half year being on the platform. We were even classed as "PREMIUM MERCHANT" by Konga. Currently and it has always been like this, our delivery rate has remained 84% for a very long time now. 

Amazingly we got a mail today from Konga saying that our store has been suspended till the Yakata Sales period elapsed. The question now is if anyone could tell us, what wrong have we made with 84% delivery/dispatch rate that warrant our store to have been suspended with ALL of our products taken down. 

We pose this questions to Konga and the forum to input their ideas on this as its strange.

Discussion has been closed

Comments

• Ebere O B
    Posted 2 years ago
    Hello all,

Thank you for all your feedback the necessary units will be informed of all suggestions and requests.
    As earlier communicated the benchmark for participation in the Yakata sales is 80% - 100% percent no less, this is to ensure merchants who are selected  provide a high level of buyer satisfaction by shipping orders on time as demand will be high during the fall yakata period.

Currently, you cant view your shipment rate on your SHQ. Please find the formula on how your shipping rate is calculated.

Shipping Rate : Total Number of SHIPPED Orders / the Total Number of Orders Received for the week .(excluding orders cancelled by the customer or on request) while Delivery rate performance is calculated based on the total number of orders you have successfully DELIVERED to customers as a function of total orders you have received on your store in a lifetime. (which is visible on SHQ)

For further clarification on your store's performance , please send an email to [email protected] and a representative will reach out to provide necessary assistance
  • A
    Atinuke S
    Posted 2 years ago
    Konga needs to start publishing these shipment rates either in the weekly performance email or somewhere on mySHQ, so it is transparent and any seller with issues can reach out. For months i never understood the performance email as the metrics included does not add up for example even when i didnt cancel any order, the report will say i cancelled 11-20% of orders.
  • CJ
    Chidozie J S
    Posted 2 years ago
    What is the difference between delivery rate and shipping rate
    On the store what is displayed is delivery rate yet you're talking about shipping rate 
    So if I may ask where can one see the shipping rate because I'm very sure that shipping rate should be higher than delivery rate because shipping rate talks about items shipped whether successfully delivered or returned (shipped is the key word here)  while delivery rate would be affected by returned order. so for me for instance my delivery rate is 79% when you factor in returns (which should be part of shipped items)  my shipping rate should be above 80% so I'm asking konga (since no satisfactory response has been given to my numerous emails) why I'm not being considered for Yakata sales 
    So konga please provide me with your calculations of my shipping rate 
  • DA
    Dorcas A B
    Posted 2 years ago
    I had the same problem too, just noticed that my store can not be visible.  I tried uploading item and it says you have been suspended. 
    My store did not do anything to warrant any suspension. 
    I know konga has been having so many issues lately and I sent mail to konga mall and asking if it was a technical problems. 
    Even if a store is suspended I think there should be an email to that regard not that you will just come to the platform and see that your item is off air.
    The annoying part is you keep sending mail to konga mall without response. 
    Anytime konga send their weekly results about my store and it's inappropriate, I will send an email to order continuity that that was not my result. If I call a customer and the customer asked me to ignore an order placed, I send them an email and I know they normally call them. Yet, at the end of the week when the results come my store will be the one to bear it, even following due protocol. The only thing they use to tell me is that my store can not be suspended if I am not the one that cancel the order. I had 3 order last week, 2 of it came back after calling and it was delivered timely. No order this week cos my store suddenly disappeared from the platform. It has always been the merchant at the receiving end even if the truth is glaring @ Kong a cos I know they normally call merchant if their is a cancelation. I just wonder if all this stress is even worth it cos there is always an issue everyday and we always hope it's keeps getting better but it's not.
    I also think there should be an assigned officer to receive and respond to each store email, with that they are familiar with your store and know what is happening but different people answering your store email makes it complicated and makes it a repetition all the time.
    I saw some of my few item on the store now but I can't even search with my store name, I won't see anything and I can't send my store link to customers cos nothing will be visible. 
  • BO
    Babarinde O B
    Posted 2 years ago
    It is annoying when overall delivery rate is calculated based on when goods are delivered to customer  which a seller don't have control over. It sometimes takes k express like 1/2 weeks  to delivery goods dropped off  fews hours after orders are placed  . It is not  too fair for merchant below 80% to be exempted from yakata sales when we can't  determine/control when a customer will receives their orders.

I will suggest delivery rate  is computed based on when orders are shipped (dropped off ) not delivered .

Thank you.
  • Ebere O B
    Posted 2 years ago
    Hello all,

Please be informed, the necessary parties will look into your request. However Kindly ensure an email is sent to [email protected] for necessary documentation.
  • RE
    REGINA E S
    Posted 2 years ago
    CHECK OUT THIS ANSWER GIVEN OUT:Your delivery rate performance is calculated based on the total number of orders you have successfully delivered to customers as a function of total orders you have received on your store in a lifetime. 

While shipment rates performance is calculated by the sum of all shipped orders in addition to returned orders, delivered orders and orders under arbitration as a function of total orders received over a period of time

To have your store reinstated, send an email to [email protected]'>[email protected]'>[email protected]'>[email protected] , you should receive a response within 24 - 48 business hours.

I hope this clarifies things
  • AM
    Aminu M S
    Posted 2 years ago
    Please I would like any of the moderators answer the following questions in order to clarify things.  Firstly, what's the difference between shipping rate and delivery rate? How  are they calculated? Thanks 
  • CJ
    Chidozie J S
    Posted 2 years ago
    I've said it Time and time again the calculation on that delivery rate is absolutely incorrect.  I have never cancelled an order in the past 6-7months yet I keep getting I cancelled 10-20% of my orders.  I don't know which store they're referring to.  in my opinion probably they've hand picked those they want to participate in the Yakata sales.  if I may ask how do one ascertain his shipping rate when what is erroneously calculated is delivery rate.  
    No strength to type any further 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!