Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • SELLER PRIVACY HAS BEEN THROWN AWAY

Selling on Konga Created 3 years ago | Updated 3 years ago
  • SA
    Sunmisola A S
    Hello Konga mall, Thank you for your hard work and efforts towards improving seller hq and experienced. however i think it is unnecessarily too detailed. 1. How did you guys arrive at the product quality rating when you did not physically access my products. i sell high quality items all imported from the US and my product quality was rated 80%. I wouldnt rate thequality of  my products as low as 80%. 
    2. Nearly all the returned orders that i have experienced happened either because Konga express delayed or customers changed their mind, yet i am rated on delivery success and it is visible to customers . I think it is not good enough. 
    3. The most alarming is konga showing the number of successful deliveries and how long i have been selling. What happened privacy and seller protection. This is really uncomfortable.
    Please help look into this. we live in Nigeria and privacy is very important.

Discussion has been closed

Comments

• tF
    teju F Konga Moderator
    Posted 3 years ago
    Hello all.

Konga rates sellers based on successful deliveries. This does not include cancelled orders and returned orders that are not directly caused by the seller. However, buyers are solely responsible for rating sellers on communication and product quality. 

You may read our guidelines - http://community.konga.com/thread/guidelines-for-good-packaging on how to package different types of products as buyers are known to review the total experience they had during a sale transaction and this includes good packaging. 

For instance, a buyer shopping directly from a physical store is highly unlikely to purchase a product with a dented package even if the product inside is still confirmed to be in good condition. When a buyer complains of packaging issues which cannot be directly controlled by a seller, you can express apologies and ask for suggestions on how best you can deliver optimum service ongoing forward. Buyers appreciate when their opinions are sought and valued and this communication exchange will certainly prevent your buyers from leaving you with negative rating. 

Statistics have also shown that online buyers review the overall shopping experience more than the actual product(s) purchased. Hence, always ensure you follow up with your buyers as soon as delivery is confirmed to listen to their feedback ahead of time and possibly convince them to leave you a good rating based on your communication exchange.
  • CC
    Classy and Trendy C B
    Posted 3 years ago
    Sunmisola, I agree with you. I was shocked when I saw mu store rating as 80%. All my products are imported from UK and from a known brand and I got 80% rating for the products. A buyer gave me 3 on a product because she said that "the product is as described but was packaging was squeezed on receipt". Am I the one that delivered it personally for squeezed packaging to affect the quality of my product. What happened to the ratings of 5 and 4 that I had? On delivery rate, is it my fault when I drop items off and they eventually didn't get to the customers? How did Konga arrived at the 80% rating that they gave on communication? do they track telephone conversations to customers? I think that Konga is just deliberately frustrating merchants with this new SHQ.
  • Adegboyega A B
    Posted 3 years ago
    I will rather implore konga to reset the delivery rate and let it start afresh
  • Adegboyega A B
    Posted 3 years ago
    I jst wish konga can let delivery rate start afresh
  • OB
    Opeyemi B B
    Posted 3 years ago
    Yes, the Buyer is responsible for the feedback but I think some people are missing the point here. I've sold quite a number of a certain item in my store and that same item made it to konga's best selling products. That  obviously means the product is a good one right? Well, I got a rating of 2 on it from a Buyer whose comment was 'Just there'.

I sent the buyer an email to find out what the problem was and she didn't bother to respond. Called and she apparently didn't even know how to use the product properly.

So really, a lot of merchants like myself purchase strictly original products, go through the hassles of purchasing it, shipping/cargo, send notification emails to Buyers regularly,etc and it takes just one negative feedback which may not be the merchants fault to ruin it.

Yes, buyers are definitely entitled to be 100% sure before they make a purchase but on the other hand, some buyers may be really difficult. 
  • Seyi L B
    Posted 3 years ago
    We merchants should not its not Konga that rates your product quality.

it is your customers that actually do that

If you take a look at items on your store, any rating you is could be as a result of a 1 to 5 star rating left by a customer on a particular product or several products ( in case of several the average percentage is collated by adding all percentage ratings and divide by the number of items that have been rated by customer)

To ensure you always have good ratings product quality wise , obviously sell great quality products , be reasonable with pricing and also follow up with customer after successful delivery to ensure they are satisfied with your product and kindly ask them to give you good ratings .

Gods Speed
  • AY
    Adeola Y Konga Moderator
    Posted 3 years ago
    Hello all,

We understand your concerns about privacy. However, these are all necessary information that must be communicated to consumers since we are trying to build a trusted and safe marketplace. 
    Note that certain information about the buyer is also disclosed to merchants to enable merchants detect the unserious buyers and to reduce number of returned orders

Ratings are collated using the following criterias
    - Communication rate
    - Product quality (The buyer is exclusively responsible for contributing/determining this rating. For each product in an F-order that is in a complete state (i.e delivered orders). The buyer can go to the order detail page to provide a product quality review for each product - where they can pick between 1 (Bad) - 5 (Good) stars for product quality. The average of these reviews is then used to calculate Merchant's product quality score.)

- Delivery rate.

• SA
    Sunmisola A S
    Posted 3 years ago
    Iheoma O, lets not miss the point, self fulfillment is a good idea and ratings are good too, however ratings should have good basis, How do you rate items that you have neither seen nor checked. its like giving NAFDAC number without testing the product. what is the basis of the rating. Another store that carries the same items that my store carries was rated 100%, the only difference is that the store prices the items much higher. is that the basis, is it the more expensive the more original. that is my point, if we will rate product quality then it has to be done properly. would appreciate if konga moderators will shed light on the basis of the rating.
  • IO
    Iheoma O S
    Posted 3 years ago
    If we are all honest, the customer has a RIGHT to know with whom s/he is doing business with, what their ratings are, delivery times, are the products original and is it worth their hard earned Naira.  At the same time, vendors should have the right to respond to un-serious and negative reviews left by buyers as these can have a negative effect. 

I do not think our privacy has been violated but they have ensured that both buyers and sellers are all on the same level playing field in having the correct information to make an informed choice on if or whether they want to purchase an item from your store. 

• AM
    Anthony M S
    Posted 3 years ago
    @ailen a
    please dont talk like that,much more dont voice too much of what you know not about. ive seen a store with 100 percent rating...also even if konga give herself 80% so? please dont comend them on something not totally called for...why isnt my store and every other store the same 80%? i can speak for my goods dunno about yours but its all 100% original....why cant all stores have a level playing field? better dont be deceivced  by her so called 80%...even if you understand and wish to be patient...you expect the consumers to see from your perspective too right? omo this is business ooo 2 plus 2 equals four,leave sentiments

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!