Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • Review of 7 days return policies

Selling on Konga Created 2 years ago | Updated 2 years ago
  • OO
    Olajumoke O S
    We were told with the new shq we will be able to set our return policies. Till date no news/ update as regards that. 

This 7 days konga imposed on us is too long. 
    E.g a Lagos order that gets delivered ontime takes an average of 3 days,  then money stays in escrow for 7days, we then request for payout that takes another 3days =>>Totaling 13days. But for some other items delivery alone takes 7-10days, escrow another 7days and payout takes another 3 days =>>totalling 17- 20day.

We need this monies so we can restock our stores. Please look into this.
Discussion has been closed

Comments

• tF
    teju F Konga Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago
    Thank you all for all suggestions shared.  As we introduce and implement more seamless processes, we request for your patience.

@Olajumoke, kindly send the order number regarding below to [email protected] and a follow-up will be initiated accordingly.
  • HK
    Henri K B
    Posted 2 years ago
    Konga gives sellers the opportunity to offer a "NO RETURN" policy or fewer days RETURN policy, you just have to activate it from your seller profile.
  • OO
    Olajumoke O S
    Posted 2 years ago
    Attached is an example of the scenario. 

Order has been in calabar since 16th of July, customer is @ ogoja. No one called the customer . I had to send an email to [email protected] and then wait for 24-48 hours before the replied me.  And when I checked I saw the update (more like a facade ). Order shipped since 11th of july, got to calabar 16th of July , and stayed at one point till 24th of july (maybe it will be delivered on monday 27th july) and this same money will be put in escrow for 7days and will take 3 days to get to my bank account. This one transaction will take about 30 days in all. Whatever it is Konga needs to understand the importance of turnover. .. their TAT is rather too long.

Have a good Day everyone.
  • DA
    Dorcas A B
    Posted 2 years ago
    Sincerely that 7 days return policy is too long.
    Konga should please review this,
  • OT
    Owolabi T B
    Posted 2 years ago
    What we are saying is that we should have other options such as 3 days or 5 days on certain items. Take fashion for instance you don't need up to 3days to decide you want to return. Seven days for such is too rigid.
  • MA
    Mosunmola A S
    Posted 2 years ago
    Hi Olajumoke,

I agree with you. Konga should give options of reduced return policies day. eg 3days.

A person who will return a product does not need 3 days to decide, but we can still manage 3 days return policy. This will help improve the turn around time of when our money gets to us. 

Dear Konga, please look into this
  • OO
    Olajumoke O S
    Posted 2 years ago
    Hello Teju,

Like you have clearly stated that stores without return policies record lower sales and this is why some stores offer " 7 days return policy". 

I think it will be good for sellers to set lower policies e.g 3days or 5 days.
  • tF
    teju F Konga Moderator
    Posted 2 years ago
    Hello Olajumoke,

You have the option of offering either a 0-day return policy or a 7-days return policy. If you select 0-day return policy, payment received for prepaid orders will be in escrow for 3 days and then transferred to your wallet for cash out after the 72-hours has elapsed.

For self-fulfilled POD orders, you can receive your cash immediately once you have successfully delivered the order. We have however observed that stores that do not offer a return policy record less sales than stores with return policies. Trust is still a major issue in Nigeria and buyers will only pay for an order that guarantees returns in case of any damage. 

For items you do not want to offer a return policy nor accept returns once seal is broken or caused by misuse, you can specifically state this in the description section of your product page so your buyers are aware. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!

People in Conversation