Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • Please make shipping fee non-refundablePlease I want to reiterate that shipping cost of orders should be nonrefundable. The shipping fee should be the buyers responsibility since it is not actually paid to the seller but to the shipping company. In a real physical market situation, sellers do not refund the transport cost incurred by buyers when returning a product they bought. I don't know if this feature is already in place but if not, please give it serious consideration. It will make buyers more responsible and serious, and also protect sellers from incurring too much loses on frequent returns

General Discussion Created 3 years ago | Updated 3 years ago
  • Nnamdi D Nnamdi D B
    Please I want to emphasise that shipping cost of orders should be nonrefundable. The shipping fee should be the buyers responsibility since it is not actually paid to the seller but to the shipping company. In a real physical market situation, sellers do not refund the transport cost incurred by buyers when returning a product they bought. I don't know if this feature is already in place but if not, please give it serious consideration. It will make buyers more responsible and serious, and also protect sellers from incurring too much loses on frequent returns

Comments

• IO
    Ifeoma O S
    Posted 3 years ago
    Excellent suggestion but the question remains as to how the shipping fee will be collected from buyer. Will it be at checkout even when buyer chooses POD? I am not sure Konga is critically thinking through some of these new changes. It seems the new policies are driven purely by monetary gains without regard to the wellbeing of the businesses that sell on Konga platform. A very neat way of generating more revenue for Konga will be to increase merchant commission while at the same time improving delivery and other services. This way, it will be a WinWin for all parties involved.
  • AM
    Anthony M S
    Posted 3 years ago
    this makes sense......it will enable only serious buyers patronise sellers

on the other note, the way i see konga,its probably experimenting and evolving with new and various policies...however this new DIY idea will surely take the company two steps back...like the example sited above, if an individual has 60 orders, he will pay konga 60k? really only to get some items returned to him a few days later....

please dont create a loophole for your competitors to dust you far behind
  • AK
    Adurogboye K S
    Posted 3 years ago
    Does it mean now that if we take goods to the drop off center, we need to pay shipping fee before the order will be accepted from us.
    If this is the case, the policy will drive people away from shq. What of people that have 60 orders daily? They will pay 60,000 daily to Konga only to take back money 10 days later. It's not a good policy and I see it driving a lot of people from shq to alternative platforms like Jumia and Kaymu.
    All these buy carton, buy bubble wrap is already making the quality of packaging poor for some shipped items. I sell watches. I only asked my manufacturers to bubble wrap them without regard to konga's requirement. Overall, this policies - though will make money for Konga in the short term, but will backfire in the long run driving people to alternate platforms.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!

People in Conversation