Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • Pay on delivery

General Discussion Created 5 months ago | Updated 5 months ago
  • VU
    Victor U S
    As much as I would like to say that the removal of pay on delivery is a positive move, the mode and time at which it was implemented has proved it negative. 
    Orders at my store has drastically reduced and to make the case worse shipping time has become slower than usual, it’s as if Konga is trying to accumulate orders before shipping to Ogba (merchants outside Lagos would understand what I mean)
    Konga, do you seriously want our relationship for the past 2 years to continue, if you do, then consider the fact that most of your merchants also sell on your competitors sites that offer pay on delivery. Till there is uniformity in the execution of prepayment across all ecommerce sites in Nigeria your pre payment only option won’t work. And if you think that the competition would follow your lead and remove pay on delivery, you are wrong. Let me let you in on a little secret, I personally have less failed  delivery and returns on Jumia than I had on Konga, proving that POD isn’t really the reason for failed deliveries but KOS slow shipping is. Fix up your business 

Comment

• tF
    teju F Konga Moderator
    Posted 5 months ago
    Hello Victor,

Thank you for your feedback. 

We apologize for the delivery delay. We experienced some downtime the previous week however this has been fixed.

While we already expect that sales would decline with the introduction of prepayment, the intent of this option is to ensure only "confirmed" sales make it to your SHQ. This not only reduces cancellations and returns, it also ensures customer is sure of items to be purchased before placing the final order. And since the introduction of prepayment, we have seen increase in actual sales and massive decrease in cancellations and returns.

We hope that with time, both you, the merchant and we at Konga would be able to build trust with customers as we ensure swift delivery and exact delivery of products advertised on the website to customers.  

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!

People in Conversation