Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • Low sales since the new SellerHQ & Self-Fulfi!

General Discussion Created 3 years ago | Updated 3 years ago
  • M
    Modupe S
    I have noticed a drastic drop in orders since the new shq went live! Is it just my store or something?

Comments

• Kunle O S
    Posted 3 years ago
    To all our Sellers, we hear you.  Please be patient.  We are stabilizing the platform and very soon you'll see sales pick up again.  Don't forget all the benefits to Self-Fulfill.  You are no longer required to ship only through KExpress.  You can deliver yourself and receive your money instantly.  

You can turn PoD off by deciding not to sell in that state.  The buyers have spoken.  They love PoD.  Until we come up with an effective online payment solution, we all (Sellers + Konga) have to embrace PoD.  

Quite importantly, Rome was not built in a day.  We are trying very hard to create a successful and lasting legacy that all of us will be proud of.  Please keep your criticism coming, but make it as constructive as possible.  No need to throw insults and snide remarks.  

Again, apologies for the headaches, but bear with us.  
  • SB
    Sam B S
    Posted 3 years ago
    nawah ooo....these stories here are...er....eye opening! The case of the diaper bag eh...you have all spoken well...buyers need to be made to commit in a certain way...till then we are totally at their mercy.
  • mo
    michael o B
    Posted 3 years ago
    i noticed when a buyer click on an item to order,it shows the details below 
    Delivery
    Please select State and LGA  Enter Location
    Estimated delivery time: 1 - 10 Days

but on entering state and lga be it lagos,rivers anywhere... it shows Delivery not available to selected location. Change Location

• Ab
    Adesina b S
    Posted 3 years ago
    My take on this Konga - This is not working for you Konga, the sellers nor the buyers and when something is not working for anyone, it definitely makes no business sense. Sellers are complaining that sales are dropping, buyers are claiming that they cant pay for something they are yet to see, Konga doesnt make money on commission so who is happy please? Like I wld always, u try to copy the western world but u forget to remember that there technology is far developed than ours. Take it or leave, Nigeria is still far behind technology. 

Truth be told, u have automated systems that cancels orders even when you take it to your pus station like Ilupeju and they tell u that there aint network  but the timeframe wouldnt  stop counting, so whose fault is that? who loses out, the 3 people in the picture below:

Konga- lose out on customers who gets their orders cancelled and move to anoda online store to purchase product, u lose out on commission as well, u gradually tend to lose out on sellers as well, cos when we get fed up, we look for other online options 
    Customers - they tend to get disappointed and lose their trust in Konga and spend their money to anoda online store
    Sellers - they move to the an online store that is seller centric 

So let ur business intelligence team do an analysis and have a view of who loses out more

• Abioye Festus Adekunle A B
    Posted 3 years ago
    Good evening all, 
    Concerning the low sale, it is a general problem, however, I had 22 orders since the new system came up. 
  • M
    Modupe S
    Posted 3 years ago
    @Adegboyega Your last paragraph got me laughing out loud. You are right, there should be some level of commitment from the buyer on shipping costs, that way only serious buyers will make orders.
  • M
    Modupe S
    Posted 3 years ago
    @Sunmisola Thanks for the post. U are right, calling the buyers doesn't mean the won't make unnecessary returns.  One time, I called a buyer to confirm the size and what she wants. After the returns I called again to find out what happened and she said ""the size and the color". Can you imagine as if the picture wasn't there!
  • B
    Blessing S
    Posted 3 years ago
    me too oo. I almost called the customer care line but i had to visit the forum first. Konga what is going on. 
  • OJ
    Oke J B
    Posted 3 years ago
    Infact the returns is so annoying, and when u contact the customer. They tell you the weight of the item they purchase is so light. Maybe if konga could do pay before delivery to far distance location. Dat wuld be better. Bcos even when I order my stuff 4rm another country I pay before it gets to Nigeria and I can't return them aslong as I saw d pictures and went through the product dscriptns I can't return them.
  • Adegboyega A B
    Posted 3 years ago
    I do agree with sunmisola. There are lots of unserious buyers in Nigeria. I can provide details of buyers who were not even aware they made orders, some will say they returned the item because their uncle who promised them cash is yet to redeem such pledge, some are sellers who wanted to see how it looks like before placing orders from stock from foreign websites while some are just window shopping. These will continue until buyers are made to show some level of commitment before items are shipped. Until that is put in place, I wont risk prepaying shipping fee to any buyer. 

There have been incidences of buyer negotiating price of items with dispatch agent. A particular buyer in PH is yet to pick a watch I sent out for the past 3 weeks despite the fact that I agreed to do away with 20% of the total cost. His reason was because his friend got a similar item cheaper a day earlier. Note: My product was an 8gb spy recording watch with retail box while his friend got a lesser capacity with box. 
    A friend of mine who sent out an item to Abuja yesterday was told by the buyer that he will not be accepting it.because he had gotten another. The young man was so saddened because he will have to pay again for the item to be sent back to Lagos. 

My submission is that Konga should create an escrow and/or prepayment of shipping fee. All they need to do is to educate buyers on how escrow and making purchase on their platform works. Many do not know as I can remember a buyer from ogbomoso  or so educating me that the fee payable for sending items he ordered on an online platform( not konga) is bus/transport fee and not shipping fee as I will using a transport line to dispatch the item and not a ship :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!