Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • Delivery charges

Shipping and Delivery Created 2 years ago | Updated 2 years ago
  • un
    uju n B
    How can I possibly pay delivery charges for each individual items. I don't see how that works. So if I make a purchase of N10,000, I may have to pay an extra N4000 for delivery. It doesn't make sense to me.

Comments

• LO
    Lawrence O S
    Posted 2 years ago
    Lastly, Konga should just enforce these rules and help us make this 'free delivery' publicity very big. Currently Konga says free delivery is back but you actually pay more than before and there's no way to even isolate searches to display only 'free delivery' items.

If all the aforementioned is done, then the buyer knows any number of items chosen from any number of stores will always be delivered free anywhere in Nigeria.
  • LO
    Lawrence O S
    Posted 2 years ago
    @Ebere: What you have explained is understandable from Konga's view but there's hardly any store that will have all what most buyers want. For the past month I have been buying multiple quantities of the same item in order to reduce shipping costs.

Let me provide a solution to this delivery problem. I hope Konga heeds it ...
    There are three (3) parties in this scenario: (1) Buyer (2) Seller (3) Konga. We will all agree that this should also be the order of satisfaction, since the buyer is our customer, and we are 'in a sense' also Konga's customer.

Firstly, Konga should enforce free delivery to all locations in Nigeria for all items. (That solves the problem for the buyer).

Secondly, all sellers should add the appropriate delivery charges to their items. N 1,000 would be ideal, since it cover intra-state and even major cities nation-wide (based on the new KExpress charges - I think they are the lowest). Obviously, this would be a challenge for low cost items esp. those less than shipping cost'. 

So sellers should lump those items and add a shipping cost. e.g. 5 pairs of hand gloves. (5 x 500 = N 2,500, N 2,500 + 1,000 for shipping = N 3,500). In the seller's mind a pair of sock is N3,500/5 = N700, which is still manageable since it includes shipping.

If you think about it, I don't really see why someone should purchase a N500 item and expect it to be transported across Nigeria.

• Ebere O B
    Posted 2 years ago
    Hello Uju,

Delivery Charges are set on individual stores. Each Merchant sets a delivery cost for orders placed from his/her store. For your delivery cost to be as high as N4000, it means you are making purchases from more than 2 stores on the Marketplace, this will cover the cost of shipping from the different locations of the merchants to the customer's location. 
    You may decide to find a merchant's store that has all the products you need to reduce the cost of shipping to your location.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!

People in Conversation