Discussions | Announcements | Konga Seller Academy | Go back to Konga Mall
  • 2 Days Payout Window

Payment Created 1 year ago | Updated 1 year ago
  • PC
    Prince C S
    I think the 2 days payout days (Monday and Wednesday) is a terrible idea. If an order is paid early in the week, the merchant will have to wait more than a week to get paid. Konga is not a bank. I don't see the reason why they should withhold merchants' proceeds that long.
    This needs urgent review 

Comments

• tF
    teju F Konga Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago
    Hello Ademola,

The last post on the link addressed the reason this is being implemented. I have also pasted here for your attention.

"While we understand your fears, the reasons for the change in the KongaPay payout process from daily remittance to twice weekly is to combat the excess charges from CBN stamp duty charges and the SMS notification charges that occur both on your account as a merchant and on Konga’s account". 

Payout days was reduced to combat the excess charges currently being incurred. We are working towards a more cost effective payment period. However pending the outcome of that, the payout window for KongaPay will be Mondays and Wednesdays. All pending funds can be viewed in your escrow wallet.

• AA
    Ademola A S
    Posted 1 year ago
    Hi Teju,

Your referred link to Prince C's post is not addressing the issue he raised, rather, the content of the link shows that you have been trying to prevent merchants from airing their views as regards this new policy and I think that is a bit unfair. Please let management know about how merchants feel about this new policy. Going through their various comments, there is a consensus that merchants are not buying the reasons you adduced for this new policy, let management have a review and possibly return to status quo. Together we grow. Thanks. 
  • tF
    teju F Konga Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago
    Hello Prince,

Please refer to our previous post for clarification- https://community.konga.com/thread/kongapay-our-new-payment-days
  • tF
    teju F Konga Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago
    Hello Prince,

Please refer to our previous post for clarification- https://community.konga.com/thread/kongapay-our-new-payment-days

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, login with your konga credentials!

People in Conversation